Saturday, November 20, 2010

Recommended radio


Anyone know where I can get one of these?

I don't usually listen to the most popular radio talk shows. I don't have a survey in front of me but last time I remember hearing about "top shows" they included Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck and Sean Hannity. Not much to choose from there. There's probably hundreds of shows that people would recommend to each other that many people don't even hear about. There's two in particular that I find myself listening to semi-regularly. One of them is "Coast to Coast AM". This show has been around since about the 1980s.that probably says something about loyal listeners. Although the show usually has a Supernatural slant, there's a lot of shows that have to do with religion, Science, conspiracy theories and practically anything that you can think of. It can be listened to on XM 165 Nightly from 12:00am to 4:00am.

As far as a more political/current event type of show, I think "Stand up with Pete Dominick" on XM 130; POTUS radio. What's refreshing about it is that the host, Pete Dominick, actually asks people who disagree with him to call in and he often admits it if he's proven wrong. It's a rather unique show. It airs weekdays on XM 130 from 2pm-5pm central. Well, of course it goes without mentioning that I regularly listen to the notorious Tom Wade show. I really don't know why. It's one of those things that you can't explain. It's like so predictably bad that you sort of have to tune it. That one is on 1090AM from 7am to 8am, Monday through Friday. Believe it or not, someone does still listen to AM radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment