Sunday, November 28, 2010

My review on the recently-opened Texas Road House restaurant

Oh yea, the waitresses dance a weird line dance every hour

Saturday afternoon, I got a chance to visit the newly-opened Texas Road House on North Santa Urusula. It occupies the location which formerly housed the Outback Steakhouse. The first thing, of course, was the wait to be seated. There were about 15-20 people (maybe 10 groups) waiting to be seated and so we were given a number. During the time we were waiting, the staff offered us bread while we waited. I said water would be fine. The total wait time before being called in was about 20 minutes.
Once seated, the booths were pretty comfortable, and set rather high-which is ok with me. The bread was ok but they served this strange cinnamon butter with it. I didn't like this twist and instead asked for regular butter. The house salad (side order) was really good. My other side order was green beans and I found them a bit salty. The steaks were done just as we liked them and were very tender and tasty. The toal for both plates plus 2 drinks (non-alcoholic) came to about $24, plus tip. I would say that I might visit the place again but perhaps not very often. It was a little bit too much Logans. They even did the "Yee-haw" birthday yell.

No comments:

Post a Comment