Thursday, July 14, 2011

Seems like only yesterday, gas was $3.35 a gallon

From one day the next, gas skyrockets to $3.55 a gallon

When I first noticed it on Sunday afternoon, I really thought the HEB on Saunders had mistakenly transposed their numbers. The price of regular unleaded on their sign: $353 a gallon.  Puzzled by the apparent "mistake", I continued down the street. A couple of nearby gas stations still had their prices at an average of $3.35, which had been the price at the HEB just one day before.  I figured, OK, they reversed the 3 & the 5 on the cents side.  Of course, HEB would not be the first to hike up the price so much if there had actually been such a spike in price. 

I forgot about it until the next day, I thought to myself  "So, was that a mistake I saw yesterday"? As you all know by know, nope, it was another bona fide scalping in a space of about two days. I guess the speculators on Wall Street have realized that they still have full reign of playing with the markets just as they did immediately before the big crash of 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment