Friday, August 12, 2011

Dark street award: San Bernardo

After dark, who knows if it's "corona" or "Llorona"? OOOooooooo!


I know it's actually an avenue, but I still nominate our prestigious San Bernando as Laredo's darkest main thoroughfare.  Tonight, as I was travelling North on La  Sanbe, I came to a stop at the traffic light at the intersection of Lafayette.  I noticed how bright the lights of the oncoming Southbound traffic seemed. That's when I realized just dark of a street San Bernardo really is. No wonder there's all sorts of stings and arrests all the time.

If the city was to simply light up La Sanbe substantially more than it currently is, it would probably bring crime down  in that area of town. As it is, it's almost like the city is inviting trouble. I think Cindy Liendo should bring this up before the council. Let's give them something to do that won't cost an arm and a leg. Also, the results would be something measurable by simply comparing criminal activity before and after the light upgrade. Who knows? Maybe La Sanbe would become more trafficable.

5 comments:

  1. Too good of an idea Max....will never happen.

    PS, I love Charlies, great food, except chairs are shrinking as I get older. Not much wiggle room any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've noticed that about the chairs too huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was talk some time back about San Bernardo being revitalized. It was even being considered making it a one-way street. What happened?

    Keyrose

    ReplyDelete