|"Buenos Dias, en que le puedo ayudar?"|
I was listening to KTSA San Antonio (55AM on your radio dial) this morning and they were talking about some company named Red Ventures. It turns out this company is like Convergy's in a way and they are looking to expand the work they do on behalf for Direct TV. The interesting (and Laredo related) part of it is that what they're specifically looking for is about 100 bilingual and/or Spanish speaking representatives to handle the increased business that Direct TV is apparently experiencing.
With well over 90 per cent of it's population being Hispanic, this is exactly the type of labor force that the Gateway City can readily provide. Alas, Red Ventures, some time back, chose San Antonio as the place they wanted to set up shop so it's unlikely any Laredoans will move to the Alamo City just to secure this type of particular job.
From RedVentures website: San Antonio bilingual job vacancies posting
Preferred Qualities :
• Strong communication skills in both English and Spanish
• Previous sales experience is preferred but not required
• Competitive spirit and the drive to be at the top of the sales board
• Team player who is assertive, goal-oriented, positive and self-motivated
• Desire to work in a dynamic, fun, and fast-paced environment
• Strong ability to multi-task, including conversing while navigating our CRM system simultaneously
• Proficiency in using computer applications
• High level of integrity
• Excellent communication skills
• Sense of humor
• Flexibility to work evening and/or weekend hours: we are open from 7am – 2am EST - this is a full-time position and we take calls nationwide.
What we offer:
• Average annual compensation range of $35,000 to $65,000 which is comprised of a $10/hour base plus uncapped commission
• Extra bonus pay and incentives (think- trips, TVs, Ipads, gift cards galore!)