Wednesday, March 30, 2011

KCS says engineer was on train, not at fast food place

A few days ago, Mayor Salinas was all over the news. Reportedly, the Mayor was extremely upset that a Kansas City Southern (KCS) train was blocking crossings in the downtown area for an extended amount of time. The Mayor said he looked for the engineer everywhere but could not find him. Salinas also said that he had gotten phone calls indicating that the engineer was at a nearby fast food place having breakfast.

Today, KCS officially refuted the Mayor's claim that the engineer was having breakfast. As it turns out, the train was undergoing an air-brake test and the engineer was where he was supposed to be-in the train's cab. There is no word on who started the rumor about the engineer abandoning the train to grab a quick bite.


4 comments:

  1. Sweet drawing. Looks just like the pedantic mayor of Laredo if I do say so myself. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your cartoon?? I LOVE it!! I'm still laughing at el alcalde exagerado. I was going to blog about this but I might just point to your cartoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments, once in a while I'll give it a shot, I mean how can you when there's material like this available. I know, I know, I still draw like I did back in Leyendecker elementary but I'm glad you can read my handwriting. Hey where's my happy meal for promoting McDonals-nevermind, I'll have a fountain drink or something.

    ReplyDelete