Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tamiu exhibit: I'm not an artist, but come on now! Art?

art

Pink Sculptures Dominate
Current TAMIU Art Exhibit

A closing reception for the Marc-Anthony Polizzi Solo Exhibition at the Texas A&M International University Center for the Fine and Performing Arts Gallery will be held Thursday, Sept. 29 from 6 – 7:30 p.m. Admission is free and open to the public. The exhibit closes Friday, Sept. 30.

About his work, Marc-Anthony Polizzi writes in his artist’s statement, “My work uses a process of reconstruction and unification to examine the domesticated chaos of the post-consumer world. This area where the relatively ordered and relatively disordered coexist and interact might seem like a contradiction, considering the more austere and violent sense of chaos. However, it is in this gray area in which I construct my work. These installations draw on the history and narrative properties of found objects, to bring out the human connection often lost in the glimmer and glitz of an ever growing material culture.”
Como ??

2 comments:

  1. That looks like my back yard right now. But I like it. Maybe I should pull out the pink spray paint can and have me my own work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not show this to city hall or the county courthouse....they will buy it for a few hundred thousand dollars.

    ReplyDelete